If you’re an active iFunbox user and have recently jailbreak iPhone/iPod touch/iPad running iOS 7.1 or iOS 7.1.1 with the latest Pangu Jailbreak, then I guess you have noticed that iFunbox is not working properly with Pangu JB. You may have also noticed that iFunbox doesn’t recognize the device as jailbroken. Also, it shows a Jailed status under the connected device in left sidebar. In such situations you’ll no longer be able to access the Raw File System from your Computer (Mac/Windows) over the USB cable.
Which means iFunbox will not show these folders. The Var folder, System, Library, cores, dev, lib, etc., folders. These are extremely necessary to interact deeply with your i-device. You’ll also not be able to find the “Cydia App Install” option under iFunbox after Pangu Jailbreak. This is one of the most important reason people use iFunbox. Just to Let you know, Cydia App Install is an iFunbox feature. This lets you install any .deb application directly onto your iPhone from any authorized computer.
Why iFunbox showing Jailed status after Pangu Jailbreak.
If you want to know the reason for such iFunbox Jailed error with iOS 7.1 and iOS 7.1.1 then read on.
Apple File Conduit (AFC) is a program through which Computer Application like iTunes, iPhoto, iTools etc., read and write files from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch over the USB cable. But the program Apple File Conduit comes in a jailed state, which only gives access to Media (like music, photos, videos and data for apps from the AppStore).
After a successful evasi0n jailbreak this AFC program gets free and allow access to system files and folder like Var, root folder etc. But in cases of Pangu Jailbreak, the Apple File Conduit program remains untouched or may be partially touched which gives arise to this Jailed iFunbox error.
How to Fix iFunbox Jailed error with iOS 7.1 and Up
Now you know the reason for this error, so lets checkout How to Fix this Jailed iFunbox error after Pangu Jailbreak.
1) First of all please confirm that you’re using iOS 7.1 or iOS 7.1.1, have an active GPRS or Wi-Fi connection and the most important a working Cydia Installer Application.
- You might Like to Read : How to Fix Cydia App Crashing.
2) Now turn on Wi-Fi or Internet and Launch the Cydia App from Springboard.
3) Tap the Search the icon located at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
4) A search page will open, tap the search field to pop out the keyboard and type >Apple File Conduit “2” < probably you’ll get only one result, so tap it to open.
5) Now select Install option from top-right corner and followed by confirm.
6) Wait for installation to over.
7) When done, tap return to cydia and respring your device once.
So that’s it, if you have successfully completed this guide- by now you should have fixed your iFunbox problem. To check whether it working or not, do the followings :
- Connect your device to computer
- Launch iFunbox and open iFunbox Classic.
- Tap the Connected device, and search for the Raw File System option from sidebar and Open it.
- After opening Raw File System if you found any of the system folders like Var, etc, Lib, Library then it mean you have got success.