Want to download Cydia Impactor? You are in the right place. On this page you can download Cydia Impactor for Windows, macOS, Linux 32-bit and Linux 64-bit. But first, a primer on the what it actually is.
What is Cydia Impactor?
Cydia Impactor is a free and open-source tool that allows you to install IPA files on iOS devices. IPA files are the app files used by Apple devices. Cydia Impactor works by creating a temporary certificate on your computer, which is used to sign the IPA file and install it on your device.
Cydia Impactor was created by Saurik, the developer of the Cydia jailbreaking platform. It was first released in 2013, and has since been used by millions of users to install IPA files on their iOS devices.
How Cydia Impactor signs IPA file?
When you use Cydia Impactor, it first creates a temporary certificate on your computer. This certificate is used to sign the IPA file, which makes it appear to Apple as if the app was downloaded from the App Store. Cydia Impactor then installs the IPA file on your device.
Benefits of Using Cydia Impactor?
There are many things you can do with Cydia Impactor, including:
- Install IPA files that are not available in the App Store. This includes apps that have been discontinued, apps that are not yet released, and apps that are not available in your region.
- Install beta versions of apps. This allows you to try out new features and bug fixes before they are released to the general public.
- Sideload apps, which means that they will not be removed by Apple when they expire. This is useful for apps that you use infrequently or that you need to use for a specific purpose.
- Jailbreak your device. This allows you to install unsigned apps and modify the operating system.
Is Cydia Impactor safe to use?
Cydia Impactor is generally safe to use, but it is important to only install apps from trusted sources. You should also be careful not to install apps that require root access, as this could make your device more vulnerable to attack.
Download Cydia Impactor on Windows, macOS and Linux
You can download the latest version of Cydia Impactor from the following links:
- Windows: Download Cydia Impactor for Windows
- macOS: Download Cydia Impactor for macOS
- Linux (32-bit): Download Cydia Impactor for Linux (32-bit)
- Linux (64-bit): Download Cydia Impactor for Linux (64-bit)
How to use Cydia Impactor for iPhone
To use Cydia Impactor for iPhone, you will need:
- A computer running Windows, macOS, or Linux
- The latest version of Cydia Impactor
- The IPA file of the app you want to install
- Your iPhone or iPad
- Your Apple ID and password
Note: On Windows, do not select “Run as Administrator” for Cydia Impactor; doing this makes drag/drop of files not work on Windows 10.
Once you have all of the required files, follow these steps:
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Launch Cydia Impactor.
- Drag and drop the IPA file into the Cydia Impactor window.
- Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted.
- Click “Start“.
Cydia Impactor will then sign the IPA file and install it on your device. The app will be located on your home screen.
Cydia Impactor Fix (not working)
If you are having trouble using Cydia Impactor, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Cydia Impactor.
- Make sure that the IPA file you are trying to install is compatible with your device’s iOS version.
- Make sure that you have entered your Apple ID and password correctly.
- Try restarting your computer and your iOS device.
- If you are still having trouble, you can try searching for help online or contacting the Cydia Impactor support team.
NOTE: Since late 2019, Cydia Impactor can only install IPA files to an iPhone if you have a (paid) developer account; if you are attempting to use Impactor to install an IPA file and you have not paid your Apple tax, it will not function.
Alternatives to Cydia Impactor
There are a few alternatives to Cydia Impactor, including:
These tools offer similar features to Cydia Impactor, but they all have different advantages and disadvantages.
Cydia Impactor is a powerful tool that can be used to install IPA files on iOS devices and APK files on Android devices. It is important to use it safely and responsibly, and to only install apps from trusted sources.
I hope this article has been helpful. If you have any other questions about Cydia Impactor, please let me know.