iOS 7 and all previous iOS version comes with an inbuilt Screen Capture or Screenshot features, which let you take a screenshot of your screen and save it as .png format. Later you can view the same from iOS gallery. But what about recording the screen? Till now (up to iOS 7.1.1) Apple didn’t included any such features, may be apple will think about it with it upcoming iOS firmware but the thing is, iPad Screen Recorder is still missing on iOS 7.1.
However, that’s not the end, If you have jailbroken your iOS device then you can get this screen recorder app work on your iPad or iPhone. There are several such apps available on Cydia, but 90% of them either doesn’t work with iPad or work in such a way that will be too critical for you to handle. After doing a long search and installing almost all those iPad Screen Recorder App, we found one such cydia app which works good with iPad mini, iPad air and all other iPad model running iOS 6, iOS 7 or UP. (it may work with iOS 5 but we didn’t try yet)
- Also read, Only Source to Download IntelliScreenX 7 for Free.
While going through some iOS forum we found lots of people asking for such app, they are wondering if any such screen video recording application is available on iOS AppStore, if you think the same way then you should know that there is no such apps available on AppStore & the reason is quite transparent, Apple doesn’t allow such application which requires jailbroken device to work with. So we thought to make a complete guide on it, below you’ll find that mysterious app name, it features, how to download iPad screen recording app from cydia and how it use it efficiently.
Requirements to use this app
- Jailbroken iPad : You need to jailbreak you iPad to use this application.
- Activator (Cydia Tweak) : You need to have Activator (a tweak/app) to use this application, if you don’t have the activator then fine – while downloading the iPad screen recorder, Cydia will automatically install the required tweaks, including Activator
iPad Screen Recorder – Features
- Records HD Videos : It records HD videos of what’s going on your iPad Screen.
- Records Clear Audio : Along with Video you also gets the option to record audio with On/Off feature.
- Different Activation Method : There are several ways to activate the screen recording. You get whole lots of option to select from.
- 3 Recording Orientation : You get the option to record video in different orientation, such as Portrait, Landscape, Portrait Upside down.
- Delete/Play the recorded video directly from the app or add the recorded video to iOS Gallery.
How to Download Free iPad Screen Recorder App
The App is knows as RecordMyScreen which is a free screen recorder app as written in Title above. You can get this application directly from BigBoss repo, basically BigBoss repo comes stacked with Cydia but somehow if it is missing from your Cydia Installer, then follow the steps below to add BigBoss repo.
1) Adding BigBoss Repo
- Open Cydia App from iPad Apps drawer.
- Select More Package Source by scrolling toward the middle of cydia.
- Now Tap the BigBoss Source and confirm it by selecting OK.
- Cydia will now download the BigBoss Repo package and install it/add it.
2) Download Free iPad Screen Recorder App
- Open Cydia App from iPad Apps drawer.
- Tap the Search Option from bottom right corner of your screen.
- In the search field tap to popup the keyboard and type RecordMyScreen.
- Probably you’ll get 2 results, select the one which got (Tweak) in bracket. Note:- RecordMyScreen (App) doesn’t work well, so go with RecordMyScreen (tweak).
- Now tap the Install the Install option from Top Right Corner, followed by confirm option.
- Wait for the app to be installed, after that cydia will ask you to restart springboard/reboot cydia, so do it.
- That’s it. You got a fully working iPad Screen Recorder App.
3) How to Setup RecordMyScreen App
Setting up this app is bit tricky, so make sure to go through below steps.
- Open Setting App
- Scroll down to the extreme end
- Select RecordMyScreen.
- Tap the Activation methods option.
- Here you’ll get a list of activation option to choose from, select the one or two from it. (I personally use Sleep Button – Short Hold)
- That’s it, you’re done with setting up RecordMyScreen. Go ahead and shoot some videos.
- To view the recorded video, open Setting > RecordMyScreen app > Manage Recording.
Thanks for following our guide to choose the Best Free iPad Screen Recorder App for your iPad mini, iPad air or previous iPad models. Please leave your comment down in comment section about this app, having any problem to download this application? Feel free to let us know.
If you liked this guide, please like and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more updates.
I always use Quicktime to record my iPhone 6 screen, it is near real-time, but there is some noticeable lag between performing an action on your device and seeing the action occur in the QuickTime window. To get better quality video, I will use acethinker iphone recorder.
Just installed on my jailbroken iPad Mini running iOS 7.1.2 and it works GREAT. What a great find!
yeah…waste of time. It crashes.
Upon starting the recording, it activates airplay. So while recording with sound on, it changes from the loud speaker to the default speaker that you have when you call someone.
If I have headphones in, it drastically lowers the volume.
How do I fix this?
Same here… Installed it as descripted…also setting set the same to activate. When activate, app starts, asks to record..when apply, app crashes and iPad set to respring…very irritating. Please fix!
same 🙁 !! but now i’m using display recorder and shou on ios 8.4 jailbroken 🙂 it working very great …. u can use
Hi, I followed all the steps but the tweak is not working in my device, I have iPad 4th gen iOS 7.1.2 . It keeps crashing and my device respring everytime, I already used different activation methods, uninstall and reinstall the tweak and also fixed cydia.
How can make it work?
me too .. really annoying
You gotta get cydia
How can i download that.
I followed the steps but unfo. When i record the ipad crashes and shiftes to safe mode, tried 5 times same prob
are you using iOS 7.1 or up? If yes try “Display Recorder” tweak instead.
Is there any way to display my iPad screen on Mac?
May be with USB Cable or something like that?
yep, you may try Mirroring 360… 7 days trial then $7 lifetime access