New to iOS System Repair? We got your back. Follow this simple walk through of all the best RecBoot alternatives out there. But before that, a short primer on RecBoot.
What is RecBoot?
RecBoot is a simple software used to solve iOS system repair problems like Recovery Mode, DFU Mode and iTunes errors. There is a reason so many users search for RecBoot instead of using iTunes to restore their iOS device from their computer.
Why Apple users like RecBoot?
Instead of iTunes, if you use RecBoot to repair your malfunctioning iPhone or iPad, you can restore it to original state without suffering any data loss. This comfort is not guaranteed with iTunes restore if you do not already have a recent backup of your device ready.
But RecBoot 2.2 for Mac and RecBoot 1.3 for Windows are still the latest versions of RecBoot available on the internet right now. Both these versions have been slowly getting old with no updates since 2017.
Who created RecBoot?
The Core-Dev-Team that created this software tool in 2013 has ceased to update it for the past couple of years. The Core-Dev-Team had originally designed RecBoot to provide some respite to the desperate Apple users who used to brick their iPhone during jailbreaks or other firmware updates.
Apparently one of the software teams among the Top 6 free RecBoot Alternatives have bought out the rights to RecBoot, which is good news for the developers. The new company has been updating RecBoot as a commercial software, with a new name, which is still free to use for simple operations like enter/exit recovery mode.
Top 6 Free RecBoot Alternatives
Surprisingly, there are many RecBoot alternatives out there that allow you to use them free of cost for limited periods. Here, we have prepared our list of 6 fantastic tools created by competent software firms like Tenorshare, iMyFone, UltFone, Wondershare, iToolab and FoneDog.
So these are our top 6 RecBoot Alternatives
- iMyFone Fixppo
- Tenorshare ReiBoot
- UltFone iOS System Repair
- Wondershare Dr.Fone
- iToolab FixGo and
- FoneDog Toolkit for iOS
Here, we go into in-depth analysis of each of these system repair tools for iOS and iPadOS, so that you can make an assessment on which RecBoot Alternative you can use.
Fixppo from iMyFone is a great free tool to use for putting iPhone in and out of recovery mode. It is highly rated among Apple user base. You can use Fixppo’s free version to enter/exit recovery mode for free. You can buy the full version at $29.95.
ReiBoot is definitely one of the best iOS tools out there. Ease of use and plenty of options make this a great alternative to RecBoot. With the free version you can use ReiBoot for a total of 5 times to put your iPhone in and out of Recovery Mode. Surprisingly, this software tool also starts from $29.95.
- Works for all iPhone/iPad/iPod models up-to the latest iOS 15.4 and all iPhone 13 variants.
- Available for Windows 7 to Windows 11.
- Also, available for macOS 10.11.4 to macOS 12 Monterey.
- Enter/Exit Recovery Mode with single mouse click.
- Standard repair mode without data loss and deep repair mode with data loss for iOS System Issues.
- Factory reset and fix iTunes Error 14, iTunes Error 4013/4005 without data loss.
- Fix 150+ iOS/iPadOS/tvOS System Problems, like Boot Loop, Apple Logo, Stuck, Update and more.
UltFone is another software maker that has a positive reputation in the market. They let the user to have the enter/exit recovery feature for free. For advanced options one needs to go for the commercial version at $29.95.
- Windows 7 to Windows 11 and macOS 10.9 or later.
- 1-Click to enter and exit recovery mode on iPhone/iPad/iPod – FREE
- Fix 150+ iOS system issues like Apple logo, reboot loop, and black screen without data loss.
- Reset iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without password/iTunes/Finder.
- Downgrade from iOS 15 without iTunes – New
- Support all iOS versions and iPhone models, including the latest iPhone 13 series and iOS 15.
Dr.Fone is an easy software tool to use much like the above tools. It offers all features mentioned for them. You can freely use it for basic functions. If you need to go advanced then the license is available from $6.65/month for Windows version to $69.95/year for the Mac version.
- Supports Windows 7 to 11, macOS 10.8 to 12 Monterey.
- Fix various iOS system issues like white Apple logo, boot loop, etc
- Solve most iOS issues without data loss
- Work for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. iOS 15 supported
- Easy & simple process. Everyone can fix the iOS system with a few clicks
- It too uses the simple and advanced recovery modes for ease of use.
iToolab FixGo allows you to enter and exit iPhone recovery mode for free. When your iOS device is stuck in recovery mode you can solve this problem with 1-click! You can solve more than 200 iOS/iPadOS/tvOS problems with it.
You can buy it for $29.95/month to $49.95 for lifetime with the same pricing for Mac and Windows.
- Works on Windows 7 to 11 and macOS 10.10 onwards.
- Free to enter/exit recovery mode with 1-click – Free.
- Fix iPhone/iPad/Apple TV system problems and no data loss.
- Downgrade iOS 15 to any supported versions without erasing data.
- Reset unresponsive iOS devices without the passcode – New.
- Fix common iPhone/iPad errors, such as error 4013, error 4005, etc.
- Support all iOS devices and versions including iPhone 13 models & iOS 15.
Using FoneDog’s iOS System Recovery software, repair Your iPhone and iPad back to normal status without data loss when you meet iTunes error code, iPhone stuck in recovery mode, Apple logo, etc. (iOS 15 is Supported.)
You can use the Trial version for free. Both the Windows and Mac versions cost $29.95/month to $49.95 for lifetime, separately.
- Windows OS: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Mac OS: Mac OS X 10.7 or above (including macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey)
- iOS 7.0 and later (include the latest iOS 15)
- iPhone 5 to iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPads and iPods Touch.
- It is also successful in solving all the problems that the other software are good at as well.
- Namely, DFU mode, recovery mode, black/blue/red screen, Apple logo, headphone mode, frozen status etc.
These are the 6 best iOS System Repair software that I came across all around the web. I will be updating this list with more new software tools for iOS repairs similar to RecBoot.
Finally, this has been Top 6 Free RecBoot Alternatives for iOS and iPadOS.