Having trouble connecting your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ to your computer? Don’t get frustrated yet. Just download the Samsung Galaxy S8 USB Drivers provided here and install them.
If the problems persist further then you should use the step by step walkthrough I have given in this article to solve any other existing issues.
- In order to connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ to a Windows PC you’ll need to first install the appropriate USB drivers.
- In the same vein, users of macOS would need to install a software called Samsung Smart Switch.
- As for those who want to transfer data from an older phone to the Galaxy S8, they need to install Samsung Smart Switch for Android.
In this article you can download all those necessary software utilities that would make your troubles go away. The links to download Samsung Galaxy S8 USB Drivers along with Samsung Smart Switch for both macOS and Android OS respectively are down below.
Samsung Galaxy S8+ USB Drivers Download to solve issues
As promised, you can download the USB Drivers directly to your Windows PC from the following links and make your PC recognize your device.
For S8 USB Driver ↓
For S8+ USB Driver ↓
For latest Samsung USB Driver ↓
The above Windows USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy phones are compatible with the following versions of Windows.
After the downloads have completed, unzip the files and install the drivers with run as administrator permission for better results. For more assistance read this step by step guide on how to install Samsung USB Drivers to a computer.
Download Samsung Smart Switch for macOS, Windows and Android
From the links beneath you can directly download Samsung Smart Switch for macOS, Windows and Android respectively.
For macOS ↓
For Windows ↓
For Android ↓
Install these and you are ready to go. By using each of these respective tools, you can easily browse your Galaxy S8 and S8+ contents through your PC and Mac.
Still no luck? Here is a simple troubleshooting guide that may set it right.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ connectivity issues solved!
This problem may primarily be caused by hardware or software related issues depending on you device status.
When it comes to hardware problems, these are amongst the common issues that might be plaguing your device.
- damaged USB cable
- third party USB cable(not the original)
- damaged USB port on phone or PC
- power management issues on PC
Troubleshooting Samsung Galaxy phone to solve USB connection issues
- After installing the suitable USB drivers on your PC follow these simple steps.
- Go to SETTINGS on your Samsung Galaxy device then scroll down to tap on ABOUT DEVICE.
- Inside that scroll further to find the BUILD NUMBER of your phone and tap on it 7 times. When you do that a notification will pop up saying “Developer mode has already been turned on”.
- Go back to SETTINGS and now tap on DEVELOPER OPTIONS. While you are in there, make sure USB DEBUGGING option is turned on. Then scroll down further to VERIFY APPS VIA USB and make sure it is turned on as well.
- The next step is to find USB CONFIGURATION. Now, tap on it to chose MTP(Media Transfer Protocol). This setting is useful if you want to browse the media files on your phone through your computer.
It’s time to connect your device to the PC again and see if it works. Try this next step in case the problem is still unsolved.
- Head over to your Phone app and dial *#0808# to call that number. When you tap the call button the Galaxy phone should show some options just like this screenshot.
- In these options, under AP choose the option MTP+ADB from the five options present there.
- Next up, use the REBOOT option below that to restart your phone. After your phone has restarted, connect it to your PC using USB cable.
As a result, your PC should recognize your phone this time. As soon as you connect it, a notification shows up on your phone saying ‘USB transferring media files’.